Havana, November 14 (RHC)-- Puerto Rican independence fighter Oscar López Rivera received Cuba's Order of Solidarity, granted by the Cuban Council of State to renowned personalities from around the world.
López Rivera, who served nearly 36 years of unjust imprisonment in the United States, was presented with the order during a ceremony held Tuesday at the José Martí Memorial in Havana's Revolution Square.
The Puerto Rican independentista is here on an official visit, invited by the Cuban Friendship Institute (ICAP).
On this, his first visit ever to Cuba, López Rivera has already toured places of interest, including Old Havana, and has met with representatives of Cuban institutions, grassroots and social organizations.
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Widespread International Rejection of Donald Trump's Decision on Jerusalem
- ALBA-TCP General Secretary Highlights in Havana Importance of Unity among Latin American Peoples
- RHC's Interview with Puerto Rican Singer and Songwriter Pepe Sánchez (Part III)
- RHC's Interview with Puerto Rican Singer and Songwriter Pepe Sánchez (Part II)
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 0
- today: 1600
- online: 192
- total: 4097555