With the attendance of 17 countries the 21st International Handicraft Fair -Fiart 2017- will kick off in Havana’s Pabexpo Exhibition Halls December 5 through 17.
Dedicated to Santiago de Cuba and to glass artisans, the meet is set to have 67 stands representing nations, such as Argentina, Colombia, Spain, India, Italy, Mexico and Nigeria; 22 representing institutions from the island’s provinces, and 239 individual stands, out of which 173 are from Havana. The cultural gathering will exhibit pieces that represent the identity and cultural traditions of different parts of the world, highlighting, in the case of Cuba, the role of that area in the country’s current socioeconomic development and scenarios.
Sponsored by the House of Funds for Cultural Assets, the handicraft fair will also include the Music Recording and Editing Company –EGREM- and its record label, the Havana based Casa de las Américas Cultural institution, The Art and Literary Promotion Enterprise –Artex-, the National Book Distribution Division, Génesis and the Caguayo Foundation. The event is scheduled to open with a tribute to late artisan and renowned glass artist Rosa María de la Terga.
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Widespread International Rejection of Donald Trump's Decision on Jerusalem
- ALBA-TCP General Secretary Highlights in Havana Importance of Unity among Latin American Peoples
- RHC's Interview with Puerto Rican Singer and Songwriter Pepe Sánchez (Part III)
- RHC's Interview with Puerto Rican Singer and Songwriter Pepe Sánchez (Part II)
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 0
- today: 2368
- online: 255
- total: 4098323