Havana, December 5 (RHC-ACN)-- With its powerful offensive as main weapon, the leader Las Tunas will visit today Industriales, third in the standings, in the beginning of the eleventh subseries of the second phase of the 57 th Cuban National Baseball Series.
The statistics say that Las Tunas is the best team of this second phase as they rank first in batting with average of .325, defense (.979) and appear third in pitching (4.09).
They have balance of 18 wins and 10 losses, so they appear as favorites to beat Industriales, who are the worst team in this stage (9 – 20), mainly due to the performance of their pitching staff, the most ineffective of the tournament (5.88).
Meanwhile, in the other matches, the current runner-up, Matanzas, will receive the visit of the defending champion, Granma, while Artemisa and Pinar del Río will try not to further fall in the standings when facing each other at 26 de Julio stadium.
With 15 games left, Las Tunas appear as leader, one game ahead of Matanzas, which are followed by Industriales (5.5), Granma (6.0), Pinar del Río (10.5) and Artemisa (11.0).
Industriales´ 2B Juan Carlos Torriente is the leader in batting average (.411), with 81 hits in 197 at-bats, while Matanzas´ Roy Hernandez appears as ERA leader with average of 1.94.
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Widespread International Rejection of Donald Trump's Decision on Jerusalem
- ALBA-TCP General Secretary Highlights in Havana Importance of Unity among Latin American Peoples
- RHC's Interview with Puerto Rican Singer and Songwriter Pepe Sánchez (Part III)
- RHC's Interview with Puerto Rican Singer and Songwriter Pepe Sánchez (Part II)
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 0
- today: 1606
- online: 196
- total: 4097561