Havana, December 5 (RHC-ACN)-- Japanese Morinari Watanabe, president of the International Gymnastics Federation (FIG by its French acronym), will tour today centers of scientific interest for Cuban sports.
The centers of Information Resources and Research for Cuban Sports will be two of the sites included in the program of Watanabe, who arrived in this city the day before.
The Anti-Doping Laboratory and the National School of Gymnastics will be other entities visited by the FIG president, who will also be received by Antonio Becali, President of INDER, and José Ramón Fernandez, Cuban Olympic Committee president.
Watanabe heads FIG since October 2016 and was already in Havana last April to personally greet Manrique Larduet, 2015 world runner-up.
"You are a treasure of world gymnastics," Watanabe, who is the first Asian at the head of FIG, told Manrique.
General Secretary of the Japanese Gymnastics Association in 2010 and member of the FIG Executive Committee in 2013, Watanabe replaced in the presidency Italian Bruno Grandi, who remained 20 years in the position.
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Widespread International Rejection of Donald Trump's Decision on Jerusalem
- ALBA-TCP General Secretary Highlights in Havana Importance of Unity among Latin American Peoples
- RHC's Interview with Puerto Rican Singer and Songwriter Pepe Sánchez (Part III)
- RHC's Interview with Puerto Rican Singer and Songwriter Pepe Sánchez (Part II)
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 0
- today: 2358
- online: 254
- total: 4098313