Washington, January 11 (RHC)-- The Pentagon has admitted that U.S. special operations troops launched a raid in eastern Syria over the weekend. Unnamed U.S. officials said the raid was carried out by the Expeditionary Task Force and was aimed at capturing top ISIS militants.
The U.K.-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights says 25 people were killed in the operation. The website Deir Ezzor 24 quoted witnesses who said the U.S. troops landed by helicopter and then left an hour and a half later carrying prisoners and bodies.
- RHC's Arts Roundup (January 17, 2017)
- Insecurity and Fear Prevail in Macri's Argentina
- Cuba, U.S. Commit to Cooperate on National Security Issues
- RHC's Interview with Andrés Gómez, Leader of Antonio Maceo Brigade
- Cuba and U.S. Take New Step Toward Normalized Migration
- Senior Diplomat Highlights Increase in U.S. Visitors to Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4925
- today: 2546
- online: 174
- total: 2611996