Washington, January 11 (RHC)-- The Pentagon has admitted that U.S. special operations troops launched a raid in eastern Syria over the weekend. Unnamed U.S. officials said the raid was carried out by the Expeditionary Task Force and was aimed at capturing top ISIS militants.
The U.K.-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights says 25 people were killed in the operation. The website Deir Ezzor 24 quoted witnesses who said the U.S. troops landed by helicopter and then left an hour and a half later carrying prisoners and bodies.
- RHC's Weekly Feature 'The Real Story'
- The Non-Stop War against Venezuela
- Cuban Foreign Ministry Confirms Failure of Latest Provocation
- RHC's Mailbag Show (February 22, 2016)
- Cuba Determined to Expand Electricity Generation from Renewable Sources
- RHC's Arts Roundup (February 22, 2017)
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4463
- today: 2934
- online: 178
- total: 2790035