Washington, January 11 (RHC)-- The Pentagon has admitted that U.S. special operations troops launched a raid in eastern Syria over the weekend. Unnamed U.S. officials said the raid was carried out by the Expeditionary Task Force and was aimed at capturing top ISIS militants.
The U.K.-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights says 25 people were killed in the operation. The website Deir Ezzor 24 quoted witnesses who said the U.S. troops landed by helicopter and then left an hour and a half later carrying prisoners and bodies.
- Brexit: A Deal with an Uncertain Future
- RHC's Arts Roundup (June 21, 2017)
- Foreign Minister: "Cuba Will Never Make Concessions that Compromise Its Sovereignty and Independence"
- RHC's Mailbag Show (June 21, 2017)
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- Voices in the U.S. and Around the World Continue to Rise in Opposition to Donald Trump's Reversal of Cuba Policy
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4274
- today: 1373
- online: 177
- total: 3316789