Washington, January 11 (RHC)-- The Pentagon has admitted that U.S. special operations troops launched a raid in eastern Syria over the weekend. Unnamed U.S. officials said the raid was carried out by the Expeditionary Task Force and was aimed at capturing top ISIS militants.
The U.K.-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights says 25 people were killed in the operation. The website Deir Ezzor 24 quoted witnesses who said the U.S. troops landed by helicopter and then left an hour and a half later carrying prisoners and bodies.
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show (May 19, 2017)
- RHC's Interview with Author and Translator Esther Allen
- RHC's Arts Roundup (May 19, 2017)
- Raúl Castro Receives Special Envoy of President of Angola
- Over One Thousand Activists from Around the World Participate in Solidarity with Cuba Conference
- RHC's Interview with Radio Host Karen Dalessandro
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3374
- today: 2457
- online: 117
- total: 3179975