Santiago de Cuba, January 11 (RHC)-- U.S. actor and social activist Danny Glover paid tribute to Cuban National Hero José Martí and Revolution Leader Fidel Castro at the Santa Ifigenia Cemetery, located in the eastern province of Santiago de Cuba.
After watching the change of the honor guard ceremony dedicated to both Cuban leaders, Glover, a long-time friend of Cuba, placed a white flower and observed a minute of silence at the tomb of Fidel Castro.
The U.S. social activist also visited the mausoleum, which keeps the remains of National Hero José Martí, where he also placed a white flower.
Danny Glover said this visit was a must and one of the greatest moments in his entire life and again said he was honored to participate in the international campaign for the release of the five Cuban anti-terrorism fighters who spent long, unfair prison terms in the United States.
Other places visited by the U.S. actor in Santiago de Cuba include the former Moncada barracks, Virgin of Charity Sanctuary and the Run-away Slave Monument.
- North Korean Foreign Minister Begins Official Visit to Cuba
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Qva Libre)
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Visiting Puerto Rican Independence Activist Oscar López Rivera Pays Tribute to Ernesto 'Che' Guevara
- The World's Wealth In Few Hands
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3682
- today: 3987
- online: 36
- total: 3988600