Havana, May 19 (RHC/ACN)-- Cuban President Raul Castro has sent a message to Puerto Rican freedom fighter Oscar Lopez Rivera congratulating him on his release from U.S. jails after spending over 36 years imprisoned there.
In his message, Raul conveyed congratulations to Lopez Rivera on behalf of Cuba and the Cuban people, who he said shared in the happiness of his release.
The Cuban president wrote that history will not forget Lopez Rivera's strength and loyalty to the cause of an independent Puerto Rico, qualities that he described as essential for our Americas.
Raul Castro told Oscar Lopez Rivera that Cubans will welcome him when he decides to visit, and that he will be received with the honors and the love he deserves.
- Russian Donation for Hurricane Irma Victims Arrives in Cuba
- Colombia Peace Accord in Danger
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Ambassador of Dominica Praises Cuba's Cooperation with Nations in Caribbean, Latin America and Beyond
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- North Korean Foreign Minister Begins Official Visit to Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4263
- today: 4329
- online: 181
- total: 3993205