Havana, August 12 (RHC-PL) -- The first vice president of the Cuban Institute for Friendship with the Peoples (ICAP) Elio Gamez highlighted the principle of solidarity that guided the life and work of Cuban Revolution leader Fidel Castro, on the occasion of his 91st birthday anniversary.
In a tribute-paying ceremony, held at the ICAP headquarters, Gamez said Fidel Castro not only belongs to the Cuban people, but also to the history of mankind, because his actions are examples to follow by all nations and peoples the world over.
The president of the International Committee for People's Peace, Justice and Dignity, Argentinian activist Graciela Ramirez said it was a great honor to speak about Fidel few days before his 91st birthday anniversary (on August 13), even when the shock for his death last November, here in Havana, still reigns.
Ramirez said that the Cuban Commander in Chief left an indelible legacy for all revolutionaries in Latin America, especially in these times, when the right in the region is closing ranks in their attempt to bring down progressive governments and forces.
Participants in Friday's ceremony praised the achievements of the Cuban Revolution under Fidel's leadership.
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Widespread International Rejection of Donald Trump's Decision on Jerusalem
- ALBA-TCP General Secretary Highlights in Havana Importance of Unity among Latin American Peoples
- RHC's Interview with Puerto Rican Singer and Songwriter Pepe Sánchez (Part III)
- RHC's Interview with Puerto Rican Singer and Songwriter Pepe Sánchez (Part II)
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 0
- today: 1013
- online: 215
- total: 4096968