London, June 6 (RHC)-- A human rights organization says U.S. airstrikes launched last year during the 2017 offensive to oust ISIS militants from the Syrian city of Raqqa were in violation of international law and potentially constitute war crimes.
In a new report issued by Amnesty International, entitled “War of Annihilation,” the group writes: “On the ground in Raqqa we witnessed a level of destruction comparable to anything we’ve seen in decades of covering the impact of wars.”
The report is based on interviews with more than 100 civilian survivors, including members of the Badran family, which lost 39 family members and 10 neighbors in four separate U.S.-led coalition airstrikes.
Human rights group says U.S. airstrikes in Syria may have constituted war crimes

Related Articles
Commentaries
MAKE A COMMENT
All fields requiredMore Views
- Cuban delegation calls on rich countries at ECLAC to fulfill development aid
- New York doctor fired for rejecting Zionist propaganda, defending resistance
- Cubans to take part in Panamerican Junior Judo Cup
- Public health cooperation improves services in Pinar del Río
- Cuban delegation attends World Telecommunications Conference