Washington, June 15 (RHC)-- The White House says it will back either of a pair of immigration bills heading toward a possible vote in the Congress next week, after House Speaker Paul Ryan said he’ll allow a debate on immigration.
White House senior adviser Stephen Miller said President Trump supports the bills -- which would provide a path to citizenship for young undocumented immigrants, while spending an additional $25 billion for a border wall with Mexico, ending the visa lottery system and sharply curtailing the number of visas given to documented immigrants.
An even harsher bill would also crack down on sanctuary cities, while requiring employers to use the federal E-Verify program. Both measures have been condemned by immigrants’ rights groups.
Christine Neumann-Ortiz, executive director of Voices of the Border said: “Speaker Ryan’s decision is another disgraceful sign that the Republican Party is the party of anti-immigrant hate, waging a war on families. Speaker Ryan cannot call himself a family man when he is willing to destroy other families in service to white nationalists.”
Meanwhile, 10 members of Congress protested earlier this week by blocking the entrance to the headquarters of U.S. Customs and Border Protection, the agency tasked with carrying out the forced removal of children from their parents.
White House will back House of Representatives immigration bills

Related Articles
Commentaries
MAKE A COMMENT
All fields requiredMore Views
- Cuban delegation calls on rich countries at ECLAC to fulfill development aid
- New York doctor fired for rejecting Zionist propaganda, defending resistance
- Cubans to take part in Panamerican Junior Judo Cup
- Russian minister says BRICS to establish digital payment system for members
- Ibero-American Criminal Sciences event comes to a close in Cuba