Moscow, March 16 (RHC)-- The Venezuelan energy sector was “targeted from abroad,” Russia’s Foreign Ministry spokesperson said, claiming the culprits aimed for the grids which work on Western-made equipment.
In order to cause “a diversion,” foreign actors hit the nation’s key power stations which “had equipment manufactured in Canada,” Maria Zakharova explained, adding that the perpetrators were well aware of “all the algorithms and weak spots” of Venezuela’s power grid.
The official claimed that attacks on vital infrastructure are often being employed by the West in “hybrid wars.”
Venezuela began suffering from nationwide blackouts last week. President Nicolas Maduro labelled the outages “sabotage” orchestrated by the United States and said that several “saboteurs” have been apprehended while trying to tamper with the power grid.
Russia says blackouts in Venezuela are ‘diversion’ orchestrated from overseas

Related Articles
Commentaries
MAKE A COMMENT
All fields requiredMore Views
- New York doctor fired for rejecting Zionist propaganda, defending resistance
- Artistic swimmers prepare for continental competition
- Russian minister says BRICS to establish digital payment system for members
- President Nicolas Maduro rejects Marco Rubio's threats against Venezuela
- Cubans to take part in Panamerican Junior Judo Cup