United Nations, May 9 (RHC)-- More than two million children suffer from severe malnutrition in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC). The United Nations warns that the children are at risk of dying if they do not get the needed assistance.
According to Jens Laerke, a UN spokesman, some 300,000 children of the two million children at risk of starvation are in Kasai, one of the country's most troubled regions. The United Nations said earlier this year it would seek more than $1.5 billion to respond to the worsening humanitarian crisis in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, warning the country was at a "breaking point."
UN report says two million children face starvation in Democratic Republic of Congo

Rilataj Artikoloj
Komentarioj
Lasu komentarion
Ĉiuj kampoj bezonatasPliaj Vidaĵoj
- Sieĝo kaj atakoj israelaj profundigis humanitaran krizon en Gazao
- Fruktodona kaj solidara kontribuo de kubaj kuracistoj en Meksiko
- Kubo postulis ĉeson de genocido kaj reasertis solidarecon al Palestino
- Usono febre gvatos ŝipojn elirantajn el Kubo
- Renkontiĝo de kubanoj en Panamo rifuzas usonan sieĝon al Kubo