Washington, July 9 (RHC)-- U.S. President Barack Obama has asked Congress for $3.7 billion to address the migrant crisis on the Mexico border. More than 52,000 unaccompanied children fleeing violence and poverty in Central America have been seized since October.
The U.S. president says he wants the increased funding to pay for detention centers, aerial surveillance, immigration judges and border agents. The $3.7 billion figure is nearly twice what had been expected.
The Obama administration says half of the money would go toward improving children’s care in U.S. custody. At the White House, Press Secretary Josh Earnest said most children will ultimately face deportation.
Articles en relation
Commentaires
Laissez un commentaire
Tous les champs sont requis
En reproduction maintenant
Desde Mi Habana
Au suivant
- La Trova Cubana
- Un lugar para la poesía
- Reflejos
Plus de visites
- Le blocus américain condamné lors d'une réunion de Cubains au Panama
- La méga-prison du Salvador à l’ordre du jour de la visite de Kristi Noem
- Caracas remercie le Mexique pour son rejet de la sanction de Trump contre le pétrole vénézuélien
- La Jamaïque rejette les attaques de Marco Rubio contre la coopération médicale cubaine
- Cuba exige la fin du génocide et réaffirment leur solidarité avec la Palestine