Washington, July 14 (RHC)-- In the U.S., the Donald Trump administration has threatened to impose 10 percent tariffs on $200 billion worth of Chinese goods, including fish, textiles, handbags, chemicals, petroleum and other products. The threat comes after the Trump administration imposed tariffs on $34 billion worth of Chinese goods last week, prompting China to retaliate with tariffs against American products.
A spokesperson from China’s foreign ministry., Hua Chunying, told reporters: “I would like to stress that the United States’ behavior is typical trade bullying. China will definitely make the necessary counterattack and firmly protect our legitimate rights and interests. I would also like to say, this is a fight between unilateralism and multi-lateralism, protectionism and free trade, might and rules. China stands in line with the international community on the correct side of history to protect the rules of the multilateral trade order together.”
U.S. threatens to impose tariffs on $200 billion worth of Chinese goods

Related Articles
Commentaries
MAKE A COMMENT
All fields requiredMore Views
- Cuban delegation calls on rich countries at ECLAC to fulfill development aid
- New York doctor fired for rejecting Zionist propaganda, defending resistance
- Cubans to take part in Panamerican Junior Judo Cup
- Russian minister says BRICS to establish digital payment system for members
- Ibero-American Criminal Sciences event comes to a close in Cuba