Gaza City, January 23 (RHC)-- At least one Palestinian has been killed and two others have been injured in Israeli shelling in the besieged Gaza Strip amid weeks-long anti-occupation demonstrations.
The Gaza Health Ministry identified the victim as 24-year-old Mahmoud al-Abed al-Nabahin, who was killed after Israeli tanks fired into the northern part of Gaza on Tuesday.
The Israeli military claims it targeted a post belonging to the Palestinian resistance movement Hamas after a group of Palestinians shot and injured an Israeli officer across the border with the occupied territories.
Earlier this week, the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) said at least 254 Palestinians had been killed and over 23,000 injured by Israeli forces since the Great March of Return rallies began along the border on March 30, 2018.
The UN report also voiced concerns about Israel's "excessive use of force" against peaceful Palestinians protesters.
Gaza has been under Israeli siege since June 2007, causing a decline in living standards as well as unprecedented unemployment and poverty.
Israeli tanks shell Gaza, kill Palestinian
.jpg)
Related Articles
Commentaries
MAKE A COMMENT
All fields requiredMore Views
- Cuban delegation calls on rich countries at ECLAC to fulfill development aid
- New York doctor fired for rejecting Zionist propaganda, defending resistance
- Cubans to take part in Panamerican Junior Judo Cup
- Russian minister says BRICS to establish digital payment system for members
- Ibero-American Criminal Sciences event comes to a close in Cuba