Quito, April 3 (RHC-PL) -- Ecuadorian Foreign Minister Ricardo Patiño announced that the committee of the Union of South American Nations (UNASUR) will travel back to Venezuela next week to keep trying to find a peaceful solution to the crisis in the South American country.
'The UNASUR foreign ministers committee will return to Caracas on April 7th and 8th to hold peace talks,' Patiño wrote on his twitter account.
The UNASUR mission was in Caracas in late March and met separately with President Nicolas Maduro and representatives of the opposition, in an effort to stem the wave of violence that shakes the nation.
'We are absolutely willing to support the government of Venezuela in promoting peace talks, not only to stop violence but to find a solution to most structural problems, and the causes of these protests,' Patiño said last week.
The top Ecuadorian diplomat also expressed confidence that the parties will find a peaceful solution to the crisis caused by violent opposition groups.
Sending a UNASUR mission to Venezuela was agreed upon on March 12th in Santiago de Chile, in the framework of the inauguration of President Michelle Bachelet.
UNASUR is composed of Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia, Colombia, Chile, Ecuador, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay and Venezuela.
Related Articles
Commentaries
MAKE A COMMENT
All fields requiredMore Views
- Cuban delegation calls on rich countries at ECLAC to fulfill development aid
- New York doctor fired for rejecting Zionist propaganda, defending resistance
- Cubans to take part in Panamerican Junior Judo Cup
- Russian minister says BRICS to establish digital payment system for members
- Ibero-American Criminal Sciences event comes to a close in Cuba