Havana, February 8 (RHC)-- Russia has donated over one million dollars in support of reconstruction in the Cuba's eastern provinces affected by Hurricane Matthew in October last year.
The Cuban embassy in Moscow said the Russian government has decided to cover the extraordinary quotas of the UN Development Program (UNDP) and the United Nations children's Emergency Fund (UNICEF).
Moscow will contribute one million dollars to the UNDP to clean up the affected areas and infrastructure restoration, while also contributing 500 thousand dollars to upgrade water supply and public hygiene systems.
Matthew, a category four hurricane, devastated the Easternmost Cuban region causing severe infrastructure and economic damages, specially in Guatánamo province.
The widely acknowledged efficiency of the coordinated work of Cuba's early-warning system against weather disasters, Civil Defense and government entities and institutions at all levels, contributed decisively to prevent the powerful storm from causing losses of human life.
Russia Donates Aid for Cuban Victims of Hurricane Matthew

Related Articles
Commentaries
MAKE A COMMENT
All fields requiredMore Views
- Cuban delegation calls on rich countries at ECLAC to fulfill development aid
- New York doctor fired for rejecting Zionist propaganda, defending resistance
- Cubans to take part in Panamerican Junior Judo Cup
- Russian minister says BRICS to establish digital payment system for members
- Ibero-American Criminal Sciences event comes to a close in Cuba