Havana, September 8 (RHC)-- Medical collaborators from the Cuban brigades currently serving on Caribbean islands are maintaining daily communication with the country and are prepared to confront the aftermath of powerful Hurricane Irma.
Through a telephone conversation with Granma newspaper, the director of the Central Unit for Medical Cooperation, Regla Angulo Pardo, said that measures had been taken to preserve the lives of the 771 health professionals.
She added that Cuba has medical brigades in six of the Caribbean countries affected by the hurricane -- Antigua and Barbuda; Saint Kitts and Nevis; St. Lucia; the Bahamas; Dominica and Haiti.
The official said that even when the situation was as complex as Antigua and Barbuda, Cuban specialists were safe and have joined the recovery work.
Cuban Medical Brigades Kept Safe During Passage of Hurricane Irma

Related Articles
Commentaries
MAKE A COMMENT
All fields requiredMore Views
- New York doctor fired for rejecting Zionist propaganda, defending resistance
- Cubans to take part in Panamerican Junior Judo Cup
- Cuban delegation calls on rich countries at ECLAC to fulfill development aid
- Artistic swimmers prepare for continental competition
- Russian minister says BRICS to establish digital payment system for members