Washington, December 6 (RHC)-- The Washington Post is reporting Donald Trump’s recent protocol-breaking telephone conversation with Taiwan’s leader was an intentionally provocative move that had been planned weeks in advance.
Taiwan President Tsai Ing-wen’s call to Trump marked the first communication between leaders of the United States and Taiwan since 1979. China lodged a diplomatic protest with the United States, saying the "one China" policy was the bedrock of relations with the United States. China considers Taiwan to be part of its territory and not an independent nation.
Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi said: "The Taiwan side’s engagement in a petty action cannot change the 'one China' structure by the international community. I believe that it won’t change the long-standing 'one China' policy of the United States government."
Trump’s call with the president of Taiwan has also raised new questions about his business dealings. There have been multiple reports that representatives of the Trump Organization have traveled to Taiwan in recent months to explore possible deals, including building luxury hotels near Taiwan’s main airport.
Report Says Trump-Taiwan Call Planned, Intentionally Provocative

Matérias relacionadas
Comentários
Deixe um comentário
Todos os campos são requeridosMais vistas
- Presidente do Conselho Nacional Palestino condena decisão judicial israelense em apoio ao bloqueio imposto a Gaza
- Presidente do México descreve como proveitosa a reunião com Kristi Noem
- Marine Le Pen é condenada à prisão e declarada inelegível
- ALBA-TCP adverte sobre a obsessão dos EUA contra povos da região
- Ministro das Relações Exteriores de Cuba denuncia sequestro de migrantes como ato atroz